Saturday, February 17, 2018

Symbolic link creation failed in R12.2 PREPARE Phase

In my environment, Prepare phase of R12.2 patching cycle failed. On examining the log found a unique issue, tried a small workaround, it worked like a charm. Actually I was not sure that my workaround will help me, but I give it a try and it worked.

Issue: 

FMW JDK version in use: 1.7.0_85
/u01/PROD/apps/fs1/FMW_Home/Oracle_EBS-app1/jdk is not a symbolic link, creating it...
Running ln -s /u01/PROD/apps/fs1/EBSapps/comn/util/jdk64 /u01/PROD/apps/fs1/FMW_Home/Oracle_EBS-app1/jdk  ERROR: Command failed, exit code 1

After seeing this issue I went to respective directory and I can see the directory named jdk.



Actually that jdk should have been created as a sym link but here it is created as a normal directory. I couldn't find the reason for that, after all the permissions and ownership are right as it should be.

So I decided to move that particular file and restart the prepare phase again.

Now this time, jdk was created as a proper symlink and the prepare phase completed successfully.

FMW JDK version in use: 1.7.0_85
/u01/PROD/apps/fs1/FMW_Home/Oracle_EBS-app1/jdk is not a symbolic link, creating it...
Running ln -s /u01/PROD/apps/fs1/EBSapps/comn/util/jdk64 /u01/PROD/apps/fs1/FMW_Home/Oracle_EBS-app1/jdk

START: Updating status APPLY-APPLTOP-DONE for action ApplyApplTop

END: Updated status APPLY-APPLTOP-DONE for action ApplyApplTop

END: ApplyApplTop Completed Successfully.
















****************************நன்றி****************************

No comments:

Post a Comment

IAS Cache initialization failed

 Today I faced an Issue in R12.2 instance. The solution I followed to overcome the issue is very simple, but they are more than one solution...