Sunday, June 13, 2021

IAS Cache initialization failed

 Today I faced an Issue in R12.2 instance. The solution I followed to overcome the issue is very simple, but they are more than one solution to it based on the case. So I thought to make a post on this issue.

Issue Faced

After I entered creds to login to my R12.2, faced the below screen. On checking the log found the below issue.



From the issue, I understood something is not correct with the port 12345. So I checked metalink and found two documents talks about the same issue. So I followed the test cases described there and the results from my environment are same as the results of oracle document.


 In my case the instance where I'm facing the issue is not a recently cloned one. It was running fine for the past few months and no recent changes were done either at Instance or Network or Firewall level. So I came to a conclusion that this issue is not related to port. 

So I decided to take a bounce of my managed servers (OA core) alone. After the bounce, behavior of my instance became normal and the issue is resolved. In my case the solution is very simple, but for some of few it may not be so. So go through the oracle documents mentioned in the reference section.


Reference

Unable to access login page - Error "The Distributed Caching System failed to initialize on port<port number>" (Doc ID 2370266.1)

E-Business Suite Applications Technology Stack HTTP / IAS Server Exception In Static Block Of jtf.cache.CacheManager. Stack Trace Is: oracle.apps.jtf.base.resources.FrameworkException : IAS Cache Initialization Failed (Doc ID 1484840.1)



****************************நன்றி****************************

1 comment:

  1. Hi Davis,

    Thanks for the post!

    The same error happened in our environment with multiple apps nodes after server reboot.
    Per Unix admin, port is already open and free.
    Followed the action to restart services on both nodes. It worked!
    Did you happen to find any cause for this issue ?

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete

IAS Cache initialization failed

 Today I faced an Issue in R12.2 instance. The solution I followed to overcome the issue is very simple, but they are more than one solution...